DeMarr Logo

Licensed Professional Engineers in Arlington County, VA

Licensed professional engineers (PEs) are engineers who have met education and experience requirements along with passing a state-administered licensing exam. PEs are qualified to provide professional engineering services to the public within the area of expertise they are competent in. There are PEs for many specialized engineering fields such as Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, & Plumbing), Civil Engineering, and Construction. Our firm DeMarr Engineering is focused on Civil Engineering Design and Construction specialties. 

There are many circumstances when it is prudent to hire a licensed civil engineer. For example, civil engineers are often hired to manage large projects or to provide expert opinions on risk management and quality control. In addition, many municipalities require all building projects to be reviewed by a licensed civil engineer for public safety. Similarly, most local and state governments have different construction and land development requirements, where a Licensed PE must prepare the submittal documents for county review.

Obtaining the required permits for a project can be a tedious process for both new homeowners and experienced Developers. Licensed professional engineers have experience with the plan and permitting process as part of their everyday job duties. Therefore, Licensed Professional Engineers can help make sure you have everything you need from start to finish and can help consult you along the way.

When Should I Hire a Licensed Professional Engineer?

dc civil engineer

Any homeowner planning a home improvement project should consider hiring an engineer to assess their project before they start. It is always best to consult a licensed professional engineer to obtain the most accurate information and advice.

When developing property or renovating a building in Arlington County, VA, you will most likely need some type of Site Plan for your project. Whether a DC Water Plan to upgrade your water and sewer connections or a Site Plan for a building addition, you will need an Arlington County Licensed Civil Engineer to prepare those plans for you.

How Can They Help?

A licensed professional engineer can help you determine whether or not your project is feasible and what regulations you will need to follow. In addition, PEs can help develop plans and specifications for your project. Once the plans are approved, they can also oversee the construction process for quality control and inspection services. By hiring a licensed professional engineer, you can be confident that your project will be safe and meet local government requirements.

If you need a professional civil engineer to oversee your upcoming land disturbance project, contact DeMarr Engineering today.