About the Role
We are offering an Project Civil Engineer position to handle AutoCAD plan drafting, land use and zoning research, plan submittal, & permitting. Assign tasks for Engineer I & II to assist on paperwork and permitting.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering
Professional Engineer (P.E.) License
4-5 Years Experience working in Civil 3D AutoCAD drafting.
Passion for Civil & Environmental Engineering
Willingness to Learn
Strong Work Ethic
Initiative to work on assigned projects or raise questions if unsure about what to do.
About the Company
DeMarr Engineering, PLLC is a small Land Surveying & Civil Engineering firm that specializes in site plans for urban residential properties in Fairfax County, Arlington County, and Washington DC.
We also provide construction support and quality control services to our parent company DeMarr Construction, LLC.
- Feasibility Studies and Zoning Research for Residential & Commercial Land Development
- Topographic and Boundary Surveying (Coordinate with Land Surveyor).
- Arborist Tree Preservation Plans & Planting Plans (Coordinate with Arborist)
- Civil Engineering Site Plans for New Houses, Renovations & Additions, Swimming Pools, Basketball / Sport Courts, etc.
- Processing survey data into Existing Conditions Plans
- Demolition Plans
- Erosion & Sediment Control Plans
- Sewer & Water Utility Upgrade Plans & Profiles
- Environmental & StormWater Management Plans
- Drainage Divide and Hydraulic Computations for storm pipe and channel sizing.
- Traffic Control Plans
- Obtaining Permits from various county agencies.
- Construction Survey Stakeout & As-builts
- Project Management & General Consulting on Construction & Civil Engineering
- Plan Submittals to county agencies, comment response and re-submittals.