From picture above:
“The Duvall Foundry
1050 – 30th Street, N.W.
Built between 1856 and 1866 as a machine shop by William T. Duvall, The Foundry is typical of commercial structures of that period. Duvall purchased the land from Thomas Beall, a grandson of Ninian Beall who was one of Georgetown’s first settlers in the early 1700’s.
After 1870, The Foundry housed a variety of business. One of the most unusual was a veterinary hospital which cared for the mules used on the C&O Canal.
Restoration of The Foundry by 1055 Thomas Jefferson Associates took place between 1973 and 1976, the building was temporarily moved 80 feet south to allow construction of a new foundation.
As it stands today, The Foundry is testimony of a bygone era, complementing the C&O Canal National Park and offering visitors a pleasant stop in Historic Georgetown.”